Who We Are
The Canadian Environmental Law Association (CELA) is a non-profit and independent community legal clinic that has been serving Ontarians since 1970. CELA receives its funding from Legal Aid Ontario (LAO). We provide free legal services and assistance to low income individuals and communities who live in Ontario.
CELA recognizes the importance of privacy and the sensitivity of personal information.
- The information on the website is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice. If you require legal information or legal advice specific to your circumstances, please contact us (link to contact us page). CELA does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any information on the website, and anyone acting or refraining from acting based on it does so at his or her own risk.
- Links to external websites do not signify CELA’s endorsement of those sites. CELA makes no representation as to the security of those documents or websites, or the accuracy of the information contained in them.
Your Privacy Rights
Personal information is any information that identifies you, or by which your identity could be deduced. CELA is responsible for the personal information we collect and hold under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, and the Canadian Standards Association Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information. As lawyers and paralegals, we will meet our Law Society of Ontario obligations to protect personal information.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- The anonymized IP address of your computer
- The type of device you use and your operating system
- The posts and pages you viewed on the site, the date and time, and the duration of your visit
CELA also uses JetPack analytics, which collects similar information to Google Analytics.
If this is of concern to you, cookies can be blocked or managed using your browser settings.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you have any questions, please speak to our Office Manager at 416-960-2284, ext. 7210. If you are not satisfied with our response, the Privacy Commissioner of Canada can be reached at 112 Kent Street, Ottawa Ontario, K1A 1H3 1-800-282-1376.