WHAT: The Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Cities Initiative, the Council of the Great Lakes Region, the Great Lakes Fishery Commission, and leading NGOs, including Freshwater Future, Strategies Saint Laurent, Alliance for the Great Lakes, Canadian Environmental Law Association, le Regroupement des organismes de bassins versants du Québec, and Environmental Defence Canada are holding the first Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Day at Parliament Hill on Thursday, October 27th in Ottawa, Canada. During the day, representatives from the organization will meet with a number of ministers, parliamentary secretaries and opposition leaders to discuss a collaborative effort to develop a common vision and roadmap for the environmental and economic sustainability of the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River ecosystem.
WHO: Please see below list of mayors, NGO representatives, and industry leaders participating in the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Day at Parliament Hill.
Availability: 9:00 am-4:30 pm by telephone
English Contact: Andrea Paine firstname.lastname@example.org 231-233-5353
French Contact: Catherine Michaud email@example.com 438-349-2420
Delegates Available for Contact:
- Borough Mayor Chantal Rouleau, member of Executive, City of Montreal Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Cities Initiative (GLSLCI)
- Niagara Falls (NY) Mayor Paul Dyster Vice-Chair, GLSLCI
- Collingwoood Mayor Sandra Cooper Secretary-Treasurer, GLSLCI
- Chatham-Kent Mayor Randy Hope GLSLCI director
- Twp of Huron Kinloss Mayor Mitch Twolan GLSCI immediate past chair and director
- Salaberry-de-Valleyfield Mayor Denis Lapointe GLSLCI director
- Mark Fisher, CEO, President Council of the Great Lakes Region
- Louis Charest, President Strategies Saint Laurent
- Marie Claude Leclerc Regroupement des organismes des bassins versants du Québec
- Nancy Goucher Freshwater Future
- Theresa McClenaghan Canadian Environmental Law Association
- Ashley Wallis Environmental Defence Canada
- Molly Flanagan Alliance for the Great Lakes
- David Ullrich, Commissioner and Chair Great Lakes Fishery Commission
Download this Advisory in PDF below.